Varilite Meridian Cushion
The Varilite Meridian is recommended by therapists for individuals with motor and neurological dysfunction due to spinal-cord injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and traumatic brain injury.
- Low weight
- Easy to use
- No pumps or accessories
- Air and Foam floatation
- Functional areas of the cushion are created by three types of foam: soft foam for the decubitus-sensitive area of the ITs; medium foam for the thigh trough, pelvic bucketing and pre-ischial bar; and firm foam for the perimeter and the medial thigh separator.
- Front and rear chambers for independent adjustment of pelvis and thighs
- Positioning Supports to improve stability (important for users with compromised sitting balance or who transfer frequently).
- Multi-stiffness foam provides support as the user is immersed in the cushion. Medial and lateral supports minimize internal and external lower extremity rotation. Pelvic bucketing and a pre-ischial ridge help maintain pelvic position, and thigh troughs promote a neutral femoral position.
- Two way air valve for adjusting air volume whilst sitting:
- open the right valve to release air from the pelvic chamber
- open the left valve to release air from the thigh chamber
- Cover choice:
- mesh cover
- incontinence cover with breathable four-way-stretch material
- Wedge optional as an accessory – modifiable closed-cell foam wedge reduces the seat-to-back angle, which increases the weight-bearing load on the back of the thighs and decreases the load on the buttocks. The 2 inch (5 cm) tapered wedge trims easily for custom fitting to meet individual needs.
Available in two sizes: 18×16 and 18×20
Varilite Meridan Brochure
129606 (18×16 with incontinence cover)
131709 (18×16 with mesh cover)
129622 (18×20 with mesh cover)