Varilite Meridian Wave Cushion
The Varilite Meridian Wave cushion with LPB (Lateral Positioning Base)!
Now you can add a contoured base to the standard Meridian cushion. This standard cushion is recommended by therapists for individuals with motor and neurological dysfunction due to spinal-cord injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and traumatic brain injury.
- Low weight
- Easy to use
- No pumps or accessories
The Wave LPB provides a sold base of support and a high degree of pelvic and lower extremity lateral positioning. Lateral pelvic supports, located posterior to the greater trochanters, provide lateral stability that maintains the pelvis in the center of the seat. Lateral thigh supports position the lower extremities and prevents unwanted abduction of the thighs. The Wave LPB provides a firm foundation for postural stability and discourages chair upholstery from slinging. The closed-cell LPB will not absorb fluid and is resistant to bacteria.
- Air and Foam floatation
- Functional areas of the cushion are created by three types of foam: soft foam for the decubitus-sensitive area of the ITs; medium foam for the thigh trough, pelvic bucketing and pre-ischial bar; and firm foam for the perimeter and the medial thigh separator.
- Front and rear chambers for independent adjustment of pelvis and thighs
- Positioning Supports to improve stability (important for users with compromised sitting balance or who transfer frequently).
- Multi-stiffness foam provides support as the user is immersed in the cushion. Medial and lateral supports minimize internal and external lower extremity rotation. Pelvic bucketing and a pre-ischial ridge help maintain pelvic position, and thigh troughs promote a neutral femoral position.
- Two way air valve for adjusting air volume whilst sitting:
- open the right valve to release air from the pelvic chamber
- open the left valve to release air from the thigh chamber
- Cover choice:
- mesh cover
- incontinence cover with breathable four-way-stretch material
- Wedge optional as an accessory – modifiable closed-cell foam wedge reduces the seat-to-back angle, which increases the weight-bearing load on the back of the thighs and decreases the load on the buttocks. The 2 inch (5 cm) tapered wedge trims easily for custom fitting to meet individual needs.
Available in 18×16 size with mesh cover and with lateral positioning wave base.
Varilite Meridan Wave Brochure
Product Code: 131710